Preparing for your Float
If you plan on having a big meal, you may want to have that at least 2-3 hours in advance of your float so that you are not listening to your digestion the entire time you float. Eat a little something though – moderation is key.
Keep in mind that if you are consuming caffeine before your session, it may interfere with your ability to relax
If you shave 2 or 3 hours before using the tank, the shaved skin will sting for a few minutes. If you can postpone your shaving, you will probably be more comfortable.
Some people find that it is easier to relax and “let go” if they exercise before coming to float, although this is totally optional.
Also, please do not float:
- With oils or creams on your body.
- If you have any communicable or infectious disease or illness, skin disorder, large cuts, open sores or wounds.
- If you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If you are epileptic, unless in the opinion of your physician your epilepsy is under medical control so that you are in sufficient control of your seizures not to endanger yourself in the floatation tank.
- If you are pregnant and have NOT consulted and received permission to float from your health-care provider.
- If you suffer or have suffered from any claustrophobic or small or enclosed space anxiety-provoking disorders.
- If you suffer from diabetes, unless, in the opinion of your physician, your diabetes is under medical control so that you are in sufficient safety to use the floatation tank.
- If you suffer or have suffered from chronic heart disease, unless, in the opinion of your physician, your chronic heart disease is under medical control so that you are in sufficient safety to use the floatation tank.